Thursday, February 08, 2007

Sweet Love: Peanut Butter Cookies

I am participating in the monthly mingle hosted by "What's for lunch Honey?". I made peanut butter cookies for my husband. I am not much of a baker but my husband loves peanut butter. His favorite candy is peanut butter m&ms, one of his favorite cakes is the peanut butter chocolate bomb, and his favorite brownie made by a co-worker is oozing with pb. Well I am still up in the wee hours of the night because I started cooking late at 10:30 p.m. and now it is past 2:00 a.m.. I even enlisted my husband's help to make the little cookie balls and place them onto the cooking sheet. I was cooking 3 things at once and had a pile of dishes to wash! Woe is me. I wrote this poem for him:

Sweet Love, Happy Early Valentines!
I'm not a baker. Just a budding cook,
Sometimes it takes me hours,
Before you can taste and look.
You say I bite off more than I can chew,
Just know that these cookies were made especially for you!

Love,
Your Budding Cook





Recipe:
3 cups of all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
2 sticks of butter
1 cup of peanut butter
2 teaspoons of vanilla
1 cup of brown sugar
1 tablespoon of sugar
4 tablespoons of corn starch
4 tablespoons of water (ack I just noticed I think I only put four teaspoons of water, and 4 teaspoons of corn starch. hmms no wonder the dough was so hard to mix! I tasted it though it taste pretty good.)


Update Budding Cook Miship #6: My hubbie didn't like them. oops I guess they don't taste that good the next morning! I didn't have eggs so I used an eggless recipe. Tasted kinda of raw and I didn't sift my flour so there were little bits...eww

Note: There is an encrypted message in the slide show for my husband. Can you see it? It's another puzzle! :D Winners don't have to eat a cookie.

12 comments:

Shilpa said...

Haha, how nice of you to add the update.. I was about to copy down your recipe when I saw that your husband didn't like them.. sorry to hear that! :)

Meeta K. Wolff said...

Sorry to hear that they did not taste too good. But I do love the message. Thanks for contributing to the MM.

Anonymous said...

Awww... you are so sweet. We love you too :) I am sure your hubby appreciates your effort in making those cookies filled with love :)

tigerfish said...

I can make these for myself and Mr.Tigerfish, coz both of us love peanut butter (errr....but must bake? brrrrr....*stressed*)
You are very sweet...Mr. BuddingCook will definitely appreciate you more than the cookies ;p It's the message that counts, right ?

Anonymous said...

Too bad that hubby didn't like them, but I'm sure the love and effort that went into them was much appreciated!

BuddingCook said...

shilpa - awww. :D you would think two sticks of butter could make anything good. you should make some pb cookies that taste good and i'll copy you. :)

meeta - Thanks for hosting. i'm excited to see the other entries.

sim - yeah he did. he thought it was cute even though he only like 3 cookies.

tiger- yes baking .. is it harder than real cooking? ack. i guess i'm not much of a baker. i'll try to make something other than cookies.

kristen - thanks for visiting. yes that hubby did appreciate at least. hehe

Rasa Malaysia said...

Oooh so cute and loving of you to make these for Mr. Budding. Hehe. :)

mushroommeadows said...

Wow...appearance can be deceiving! Here's a really good recipe for peanutbutter cookies. :) YUM. I found it on allrecipes.com.

NGREDIENTS
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup unsalted butter
1 1/2 cups white sugar
1/3 cup peanut butter
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
4 chocolate covered peanut butter cups, chopped
DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Sift together the flour, baking soda and salt, set aside. In a medium bowl, cream together the sugar and butter. Stir in the peanut butter, egg and vanilla. Add the dry ingredients, mix well. Then fold in the chocolate chips and chopped peanut butter cups. Shape into 2 inch balls and place on unprepared cookie sheets 3 inches apart.
Bake for 12 to 15 minutes in the preheated oven. Remove from baking sheets to cool on wire racks.


Um..don't forget the egg. :)

Wandering Chopsticks said...

Awww, so sweet.

Rasa Malaysia said...

I saw the encryted message...oooh, so romantic...hehe. I don't have to eat the cookies, yay!

Melting Wok said...

mann, you girls sure knows how to bake, u, tiger, sims, RM..haha, I still need a kick on my butt. Anyway, Happy Valentine's Day to you and Mr. Budding, lovey dovey newlyweds must have big plans coming up soon ? hehe :)

Yuzu said...

Aww, too bad they didn't turn out so well. The slide show is really cute, though! And the important thing is that you made an effort to feed your husband's peanut butter addiction. :)