Saturday, December 30, 2006

Toxic Fumes Part II

Update regarding my blue salad bowl mess - I turned the oven on to 500 degrees, filled the house w/ toxic fumes and passed out. j/k I didn't pass out but I didn't breathe through my nose until the blue pieces of plastic melted away from the rack and dropped onto foil paper. They were hot and loose enough to wipe off with a napkin using an oven mitt. My plan worked out brilliantly except I didn't expect the house to be filled with so much smoke, the smell to still be so potent, and my hand to get burnt. My husband was afraid of leaving me at home alone cause he thought I might burn down the house.





Yippie!! With just a little bit of suffering the nasty pieces of plastic are gone and I can bake again!!!


Happy New Year! Just for you some budding cooking tips. :)


Budding Cooking Tip #1: Don't try to maneuver your hand in a hot oven without an oven mitt.
Budding Cooking Tip #2: Wet oven mitts are not effective. :)

4 comments:

tigerfish said...

Oops, that looks quite a big burnt patch. Hope you are ok now.

Rasa Malaysia said...

Ouch...never mind...once burnt, twice shy and you are on your way to be a real cook... :)

simcooks said...

What doesn't kill you makes you a stronger and better cook :)

BuddingCook said...

tiger - it's not too big. it doesn't hurt anymore. it just looks ugly. i hope it goes away.

rasa - ;)

simcooks - haha i hope i don't die because of cooking hehe. :D