Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Sun Dried Tomato Pine Nut Hummus

I was in the kitchen Tuesday night from the time I got home around 7 p.m. until 10:30 p.m. If the food processor is out might as well make some yummy hummus. I loooooove hummus.

Guess where I got the recipe?

I didn't have all the ingredients as usual so I improvised. That's the little budding cook in me. Instead of 1/3 a cup of Tahini which I added peanut butter. I read tons of hummus recipes and they do the same. So I gave it a try. I didn't have roasted peppers so I substituted sun dried tomatoes. I also used the reserve of liquid from the can. After a night of refrigeration, the Mr. and I had it for lunch today. It was soooooooo good!!!! I ate it before noon. I'm the FAToon alright.



I also made pita chips from All Recipes. I must of been tired because I didn't exactly read Watch carefully, as they tend to burn easily!

No comments: