Thursday, November 15, 2007

Recipe: Cashew Kreme

Late at night one night I was flipping channels and saw an episode of the Tyra Bank show. It was diet wars. Instead continuing the flip, I watched the entire episode. This was the first I heard of raw food! So I searched the web and found a cool little site called Ani's Raw Kitchen.
I was excited because:
  • I could assemble food without having to actually cook ?!! Yes!
  • I could make something for lunch the next day without having to radiate? Yeah!
Here's my first recipe using raw food concepts. I didn't have nama shoyu which is raw soy sauce.

Recipe: Cashew Kreme

Cashew Kreme

1 cup cashews (soaked overnight and rinsed)
1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1/2 cup water
Place all ingredients into a food processor and pulse. In her recipe she makes little nori rolls. For me I placed the kreme on top pieces of romaine lettuce and served it with grape tomatoes.


Conclusion:
My little bubbies liked it. But since I threw around the term raw so often in excitement by the end of the week he was craving a double cheese burger from McDonald's. :D Next time I'll call it salad dressing.

5 comments:

mushroommeadows said...

The term "raw" does not sound appetizing at all. :) It's no wonder that Mr.buddingcook was craving a cheeseburger, and a cheeseburger from McDonald's at that!

I'm glad you're eating healthy! :)

Anonymous said...

You are back! I know raw food is good but I am not eating much of it!

Yuzu said...

I heard of the raw-food craze on an episode of Sex and the City. :) I'm sure it's probably healthy for some, but personally I like to nuke my food. Haha!

BuddingCook said...

mushrooms! - hehe yea he ate TWO double cheeseburgers

tiger- yippie, i've been bad! :D but i'm back i hope to better at posting :D

yuzu - LOL - your food is always so cute to nuke! :D

Anonymous said...

Mmmmm, that looks better than a nice juicy steak ;-). I can't believe bubbies ate anything from McD's!! Haha bubbies. You crazy kids.