Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Recipe: Garlicy Baby Bok Choy



Recipe: Garlicy Baby Bok Choy

Ingredients:

4 cloves of garlic
4 lbs of baby bok choy (1 full bag probably 10 little stalks)
couple of dashes of soy sauce

Directions:

Cut and wash baby bok choy leaves. Blanch baby bok choy for 1-2 minutes in boiling hot water.Use a slotted spoon to remove the baby bok choy from the water. Sautee 4 cloves of garlic. Top baby bok choy w/ garlic and a couple dashes of soy sauce. Serve over white rice. I bought baby bok choy after seeing the cute stalks on Rasa Malaysia's site. They are cute but not cute enough to save from the budding cook's budding belly. ;)

Budding Cook Reveal:

Costco sells minced garlic for under $4. :) I thought this looked interesting and I love garlic. :D So I used this garlic in the above recipe. Doesn't the garlic look so uniformly cut? :) It was cause I didn't do it.

5 comments:

mushroommeadows said...

I was just thinking about buying some minced garlic today! :) And $4 is a really good deal!!!:) costco- here I come!

Rasa Malaysia said...

Hehe, next time, use oyster sauce...don't use soy sauce. It will taste like what you get in restaurants. :)

Anonymous said...

Baby bok choy also one of my favs! Maybe I can start lookin' around for minced garlic too. So much easier, no need to peel, and mince, plus no smell on the fingers. :o

Anonymous said...

I use Lee Kum Kee minced garlic.

BuddingCook said...

mushroom- did you get your minced garlic?

rasa- yes i almost used oyster sauce but didn't have the proper can opener. :)

tigerfish- yes w/ this garlic i can put so much but now i to watch out for the smell in my mouth. :)

simcooks- lee kum kee. thanks for the tip. after i'm done w/ this batch i could take a look. :D